Everything you need to know about peanut allergy

Peanut allergy is very common in the early years of life, this immune reaction is mediated by immunoglobulin E (IgE), occurs after contact (direct, cross, or inhalation) with this food and can become life-threatening, therefore it is considered a medical emergency. The incidence of this condition has doubled in the last 10 years, it is the leading cause of food allergy-related deaths in the United States.





It is very important to recognize the signs and symptoms that are experienced in peanut allergy, some of them are:


  • Skin reactions such as hives, redness, or swelling.

  • Sneezing and tearing.

  • Itching around the mouth and throat.

  • Respiratory distress.

  • Diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting.

  • Nasal congestion.

  • Tachycardia, hypotension, and loss of consciousness.


In case of experiencing a reaction to peanuts, it should be immediately assessed by an allergist to confirm the diagnosis based on the rapid development of symptoms after eating a peanut and through an IgE-specific skin prick test. Also, to find out if the patient has predisposing factors to allergies such as family background and atopic dermatitis.





Subsequently, it is considered to wear a badge in the form of a bracelet, pendant or card that informs of the patient's allergies, as well as the need to carry or not an adrenaline auto-injector, in order to treat the reaction in case of accidental ingestion.


For this reason, at Alpha Research, we are looking for the ideal treatment for this condition. If your child has this condition, you can participate in our clinical study, to contribute to the health of other children and receive compensation of $50 and transportation throughout the Houston area.


If you would like more information, please visit and register at https://es.alpharesearchinst.com/sangre-orina-infantes


References:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/es-es/diseases-conditions/peanut-allergy/symptoms-causes/syc-20376175

1 view0 comments